The Goethe University in Frankfurt am Main is with about 46.000 students and more than 4.600 employees the largest University in the State of Hessen in Germany and internationally well known.
The group of Prof. Marcel Schulz is looking to fill the position of a
PhD Student position
(E13 TV-G-U, 65%)
to start at the 01.06.2021 with an initial contract period of 2 years (with optional extension) at the Computational Epigenomics & Systems Cardiology group at the Institute ofr Cardiovascular Regeneration at the Goethe-University Frankfurt (https://schulzlab.github.io).
The salary grade is based on the job characteristics of the collective agreement (TV-G-U) applicable to the Goethe-University.
- The Phd position is part of a larger project about the analysis of high-dimensional data to understand gene regulation in heart diseases. It involvesthe application of machine learning approaches to predict different aspects of gene regulation from diverse transcriptomics and epigenomics data sets or the modelling of heterogeneity in single cell data.
- Development of a new deeo learning model for the prediction of gene expression from single cell data.
- Masters degree in Bioinformatics, Machine Learning, Computer Science or a related discipline
- good programming skills
- experience in the application of machine learning methods
- experience in the analysis of sequencing data is a plus
- we are working in an interdisciplinary team and are looking for people with good organizational and communication skills, as well as high creativity to address novel research problems
- good knowledge of the English language
Please send your application with CV and two names of references to:
Prof. Marcel Schulz, Institut für Kardiovaskuläre Regeneration, Zentrum für Molekulare Medizin, Goethe-Universität Frankfurt, Theodor-Stern-Kai 7, 60590 Frankfurt am Main, E-Mail: email@example.com
Please do not send original documents by mail, because there will be no return of such documents. All electronic documents should be combined into one pdf document. Travel and application costs are not being reimbursed.
The Goethe University promotes equal opportunities. Applications of female candidates are specifically encouraged. Applicants with disabilities are expressly encouraged to apply and will be treated preferably in case of equal qualifications and suitability.