To support our Excellence Cluster “Cardiopulmonary Institute”, we are offering three
Junior Research Group Leader Positions
About the Excellence Cluster
Heart and lung diseases are the leading causes of death worldwide with unmet treatment challenges that can only be tackled by deciphering the molecular biology underlying individual cellular phenotypes and intercellular as well as inter-organ cooperativity. Similarly, understanding of failed regulation in disease and its exploitation for novel therapies is lacking. These challenges in molecular medicine are addressed by The Cardiopulmonary Institute (www.CPI-online.de); a consortium of basic scientists, translationally-oriented researchers and clinicians at the universities of Frankfurt (GU) and Giessen (JLU) and the Max Planck Institute for Heart and Lung Research (MPI-HL). This consortium is funded by the Excellence Strategy program of the German Research Foundation and is now seeking additional expertise in emerging fields
The Junior Research Groups
The Cardiopulmonary Institute plans to establish three new Junior Research groups (JRG) to investigate emerging fields in cardiovascular research:
- Aging – We are looking for a researcher with expertise in aging research, which may include aspects of “inflamm-aging”, neurovascular control of age-associated diseases, age-associated somatic mutation or cellular metabolic alterations.
- Damage and stress responses in the cardiovascular system – We are looking for a researcher with expertise in aspects of DNA damage, RNA and protein metabolism, organelle stress or adaptive versus maladaptive responses of the cardiovascular system to stress.
- Systemic interactions of the cardiovascular system – We are looking for a researcher with expertise in studying the interaction with the systemic environment or cardiovascular organ interactions, including bone marrow-derived contributions
The JRGs will be located at the Goethe University Frankfurt with full access to the infrastructure and core facilities of the Excellence Cluster at the Max Planck Institute and the Justus Liebig University Giessen sites. The Excellence Cluster and the universities offer young scientists attractive career perspectives through career models such as Tenure Track programs.
- Working in a nationally/internationally leading research environment focused on the cardiovascular and pulmonary systems.
- State-of-the-art research infrastructure including; facilities for mouse phenotyping, animal, confocal and light sheet microscopy imaging, flow cytometry, sequencing, single-cell technologies, as well as metabolomic and proteomic facilities.
- Commitment to the promotion of equal opportunities and career mentoring.
The positions are available immediately and are initially limited to three years with option of extension. Salary is according to level E14 TV-G-U.
The successful candidate should be
- a highly motivated scientist holding a PhD and with outstanding postdoctoral expertise in one or more of the cited research fields.
- have a proven track record of publication* in highly visible international journals.
*Previous work in cardiovascular research is favorable, but not obligatory.
Please send your application (cover letter, CV, three year research program, recommendations/references, certificates) by email to Prof. Stefanie Dimmeler (firstname.lastname@example.org) as a single PDF. CPI and its member institutions aim to substantially increase diversity of its staff. As women are still underrepresented in scientific leadership positions, we highly encourage talented female scientists to apply as well as all others who would bring additional diversity dimensions to the university’s research and teaching strategies. Preference will be given to disabled candidates with essentially the same qualifications. Applications will be considered until September 15th, 2023.
Data privacy declaration:
By your recruitment application, you are submitting personalized data to the Goethe Universität Frankfurt (GUF). Please note our Data protection information for processing personal data in relation to your application. Upon submission of your application, you confirm to have taken notice of this data protection policy.