The Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Frankfurt is one of the largest universities in Germany with about 48,000 students and around 5,000 employees. Founded in 1914 by Frankfurt citizens and since 2008 back in the legal form of a foundation, the Goethe University has a high degree of autonomy, modernity and professional diversity. As a full-service university, the Goethe University Frankfurt offers more than 100 study programs on five campuses in a total of 16 faculties and at the same time has outstanding research strength.
Applications are invited for one
Post-doctoral fellow position (m/f/d)
available at the Institute of Cardiovascular Regeneration at the Goethe-University of Frankfurt (Germany).
The contract is initially limited to 2 years with the possibility of an extension.
Salary scale to be determined based on previous work experience, following the collective agreement applicable to the Goethe University.
· Participation in the project on inflammation and cardiovascular disease
- Conducting experiments in the fields of single cell analytics, histology (confocal microscopy), RNA biochemistry, cell / molecular biology and physiology using animal models and cell culture techniques
- Planning, execution and analysis of experiments in above mentioned projects
- Publication of scientific manuscripts
- Participation in scientific conferences and research networks
- A doctorate (PhD) in Molecular, Cellular or Medical Biology or a related field.
- Experience in molecular biology and small rodent models is essential, with a strong background in transgenic animal construct generation advantageous
- Very good command of English
- Very good IT knowledge
- Organizational and team skills, flexibility, open-mindedness, communication skills
We are embarking on an ambitious program to understand combinatorial multi-genic gene dysfunction in heart disease through development of a novel state-of-the-art in vivo single-cell transgenesis methodology.
We seek highly innovative, curious, and interactive candidates who can compete for post-doctoral funding to join our team.
We offer very good training opportunities, a varied, creative research environment and state-of-the-art equipment.
If interested, please send your application with the usual documents consisting of a CV with a publication list, letter of motivation and two references (one pdf-document please!) to Prof. Dr. Stefanie Dimmeler, Institute for Cardiovascular Regeneration, Center for Molecular Medicine, House 25B, Goethe University Frankfurt, Theodor-Stern-Kai 7, 60590 Frankfurt am Main, Germany, email: email@example.com
The University advocates equal rights for women and men and therefore strongly encourages women to apply. People with disabilities are given priority if they have the same qualifications.
Please do not submit any originals as the application documents cannot be returned. Travel and application costs cannot be reimbursed.
Prospective start date: 1 March 2022