Interested in translational research in heart failure?
The Institute for Cardiovascular Regeneration at the Goethe-University Frankfurt (Dimmeler Lab) is seeking for a
PhD Student or Postdoctoral Fellow (m/f/d)
(E13, 65% or 100%)
to decipher human heart failure at single cell resolution. We aim at identifying common and unique patterns of heart failure with the long term vision to develop biomarkers and tailored therapies for patient subgroups.
We are seeking a highly motivated PhD student or Postdoctoral fellow to join our team, starting from the earliest possible date.
- Participation in the project to decipher human heart failure at single cell resolution. We aim at identifying common and unique patterns of heart failure with the long term vision to develop biomarkers and tailored therapies for patient subgroups.
- Conducting experiments using
- Histology and linage tracing models
- state-of-the-art cell / molecular biology and physiology using in vitro cell and organoid culture techniques
- Planning, execution and analysis of experiments aiming to mechanistically and functionally characterize cellular cross-talks in the cardiovascular system
- Publication of scientific manuscripts
- Participation in scientific conferences and research networks
Who you are:
- University degree (master or diploma) in biochemistry, cellular / molecular biology, medical biology or a related field
- Enthusiasm and fascination for biomedical research, cell and molecular biology
- High motivation for experimental lab work, data analysis and presentation of data
- Experiences in cell / molecular biology and biochemical lab techniques are beneficial
- Ability to work in a team, sense of responsibility and proactivity
- Very good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel)
- Fluent English
- Due to legal regulations, an employment relationship may only be entered by people who are vaccinated against or have recovered from COVID-19; in addition, a valid proof of measles immunity / measles vaccination is required
What we offer:
- International and cosmopolitan working and research environment; state-of-the art technologies, ample training opportunities.
- A competitive salary based on previous work experience, following the collective agreement applicable to the Goethe University (TV-G-U)
- Free public transport in all Hesse (Free Hesse StateTicket)
- Our attractive university hospital campus offers a modern cafeteria, various cafes, and opportunities to rest in numerous green spaces; a walk on the riverside of the Main offers relaxation during breaks
Join our team?
If you are interested, please apply at the Dimmeler Lab: Please send your application with the usual documents consisting of CV, letter of motivation and two references (one pdf-document please!) to Prof. Dr. Stefanie Dimmeler, Institute for Cardiovascular Regeneration, Center for Molecular Medicine, House 25B, Goethe University Frankfurt, Theodor-Stern-Kai 7, 60590 Frankfurt am Main, Germany, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not submit any originals as the application documents cannot be returned. Travel and application costs cannot be reimbursed.
The contract is initially limited to 2 years with the possibility of an extension.
The University advocates equal rights for women and men and therefore strongly encourages women to apply. People with disabilities are given priority if they have the same qualifications.