At the Institute of Cardiovascular Regeneration, Center for Molecular Medicine, on January 1st, 2020 the position of a
Medical technician / laboratory assistant (BSc, BTA / MTA / VMTA)
initially limited to 2 years (with an option for extension) is to be filled.
The classification depends on the job characteristics of the collective agreement applicable to Goethe University (TV-G-U).
- The overall task is to develop novel diagnostic or therapeutic strategies to improve treatment of cardiovascular disease
- Performing molecular and cell biology techniques, including cell transfection, genome editing with CRISPR, conventional targeting such as PCR, vector cloning, sequencing, Western blotting, flow cytometry analysis and cell culture. Ideally the candidate should support the single cell sequencing unit.
- Analysis of experimental results and communication of results within the group. Careful records of all experiments conducted.
- Organizing materials, reagents, documentation.
- BTA, MTA, biology lab technician or a bachelor’s degree in molecular or cellular biology, biochemistry or a related field.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Good laboratory management and organizational skills.
- A completed vocational training as a technical assistant or equivalent qualification (MTA, VMTA, BA, BS or M.Sc.).
- Experience in molecular biology techniques: PCR, Western blotting, flow cytometry, bacterial transformation, DNA purification, restriction digestion, gel electrophoresis, immunohistochemistry.
- Ability to learn and develop new laboratory protocols and technologies; Willingness to work in a laboratory environment with innovative technologies. Willingness to learn single cell sequencing library construction techniques with some bioinformatic analysis.
- Friendly disposition, confident and responsible work ethics
- High level of motivation, ambition and scientific interest to advance an independent research project.
- A FELASA category B certificate or equivalent as an optional plus
- Structured training and supervision with possibility to develop autonomous planning and conducting of experiments.
- Possibility to develop leadership competencies.
- Interesting and highly relevant research projects.
- A well-equipped lab with basic research and clinical perspectives addressed by an interdisciplinary team.
- A wide method spectrum including experimental cardiovascular models and state of the art techniques.
- 2-year contract with the option for extension.
- Salary according to TV-G-U.
Applications with the usual documents consisting of CV, letter of motivation and education and employment references should be sent in a PDF document with subject „Technician in Molecular Biology and Single Cell Sequencing Facility’ to Prof. Dr. Stefanie Dimmeler, Institute for Cardiovascular Regeneration, Goethe University Frankfurt, Theodor-Stern-Kai 7, Haus 25B, 60590 Frankfurt am Main, Germany, e-mail: email@example.com.
Please do not submit any originals as the application documents cannot be returned. Travel and application costs cannot be reimbursed.
The university advocates equal rights for women and men and therefore urges women to apply. People with disabilities are given priority with equal qualifications.